Team Mei Mei serves up an irresistible spin on a classic favorite with their Apple Hoisin sauce. It's dark, handsome and loves ribs.
- Ribs for 3-4 people
- 1/2 cup Mei Mei Apple Hoisin sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed in a mortar + pestle
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- Preheat oven to 350
- Season ribs with kosher salt
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together hoisin, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar and Chinese five spice.
- Toss ribs until well coated
- Place ribs in baking dish, reserving extra marinade
- Bake for one hour, basting periodically with extra marinade
- Serve warm
These sibs know sauce.